In the late 1870's, Catherine King and her husband, Waller Maber, came down from Bishops Stortford and started a tobacconists shop, with news and a library as sidelines, in what later became Kings Road, St Leonards-on-Sea.
In 1893 Catherine called on her son John to leave his employment in London and join her in the shop.
John and his brothers, Tom and William, built up the business expanding into stationery and then printing.
On 13th January 1913, the business was registered as a limited company, King Bros & Potts Ltd, printers and stationers.
Over 100 years later, King Bros & Potts Ltd continues to trade successfully under the name Kings Stationers.
We still have a retail shop in Hastings, and carry an extensive range of products including papers, stationery, packaging and artist supplies.
In addition we support local businesses of all sizes with our comprehensive commercial business supplies service.